Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Project 365 ~ Day 8 ~ Another New Word

Today Joely looked at me and said "hant"...I couldn't understand him, so I asked him "what, baby?" He told me "Elmo hant!" After a little bit of thinking I figured out he was saying "want". Elmo wanted one of the pretzel sticks we were eating. I love that he's trying out new words. Pretend play is one of the steps of speech. He has to go through each step before he can reach the next level. Lately he has been pretending with his stuffed animals and other toys. He pretends that his little dinosaurs are eating his food. He gave me Elmo a few days ago and said "diapy Elmo". Diapy is what he calls diapers. He wasn't satisfied until I had put a diaper on Elmo. I love this stage. It's so much fun!

1 comment:

Nicole 妮可 said...

your kiddos are so cute!

i'm gonna email you with the answers to your questions! :)