Friday, January 15, 2010

Project 365 ~ Day 10 ~ Our Community Center

DSCF6484

Today we had a play date at the Fallbrook Community Center. We are so blessed to have such a great place for the kids to play. I played there when I was a kid, but they have since updated the play equipment (thank goodness...I used to get splinters from the old). Even with the new play equipment, it still is the same ol' place that I played. I love that. I love that when you're there and look around you see trees and greenery. Space. This is part of what I love about Fallbrook. The small town feel. Knowing that when I'm at the community center or going into town, I am going to run into someone I know. Fallbrook has grown from around 30,000 when I was a teen to over 60,000 now, but it still has the same feel. And I get to share my childhood memories with my kids. This particular day, Joel wanted me to help him sit on the big boy swing. He had never swung this way, so I was a little fearful that he would fall and get hurt. But he didn't...he hung on like a big boy and pumped his feet. It was so cute. How did he automatically know that he had to pump his feet to go? Maybe he was secretly watching his brothers do it. Of course, I pushed him as well. And we all had a grand time.

DSCF6481

Joel's kisses can still be very wet. Even so, we all love him so much that we enjoy each and every kiss. You can see true big brother love on Jonny's face even though he's getting licked. Although, I'm sure this was followed by "Ewww, Joel!" - with a funny look on Jonny's face as he wiped his cheek off.

DSCF6439

We had fun! What a great way to do P.E. for the older two and Physical Therapy for Joel.

DSCF6459

DSCF6460

DSCF6464

DSCF6468

DSCF6488

To view all the best photos from our time at the community: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46770513@N06/sets/72157623134770897/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Annie! It was so nice to run into you. We should meet up at the FCC more often.

Erin McDonald said...

I love that home twon feel too! Glad to see you are getting your boys out for some play time! Looks fun!

Shannon said...

Those are some great pictures! I remember playing in the Fallbrook community center park as a child as well. Sweet memories.