Friday, September 28, 2007

Good News Today

Joel loves being flipped upside down. (He craves that type of stimulation.) I love Joel's curls.

I got good news this morning. We got eight more respite care hours for a total of 24 hours per month. This is very helpful as it gives me more time to spend with the older boys. Maybe Isaac and I will even get a date or two each month. I also got a call stating that a request was put into regional center for them to fund Joel's autism evaluation. If that's approved the evaluation will be a lot sooner than if we go the insurance route. We are praying that God will open doors to show us the route we are to take. He is faithful in guiding us. Anyway, today we got new hope that there is a better way to get his evaluation payed for.

Joel had OT today and his therapist said that until he starts imitating he has
plateaued. It makes sense because he has been working on the same thing in OT for about 6 months. So, would you please pray with us that he will start imitating. This is very important to his development. I want to say thank you to all of you for praying for Joel and for the encouragement you give me by reading my blogs and leaving encouraging comments. I can't tell you how much it means to me. It really helps me get through everything. So again, thank you.

No comments: