Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More Tests

My day went nothing like I expected. It started with a call this morning from Joel's therapy office saying that his therapist is sick, so his therapy was canceled. You see, God knew how my day was going to go before I knew. At the time I thought nothing of his therapy being canceled. I just thought "great, that makes my day easier". So, right after the call I woke up Joel and took him fasting to get his blood work. The blood draw went as good as can be expected. He's such a good little boy. Only cried a little. :( My sweetheart. They took the maximum amount of blood allowed for his weight and may still need us to come back in a couple days to give more. I guess there were a lot of tests ordered. There was a huge wait when we went to the lab so I ended up missing my appointment for my Echo (heart ultrasound). I went as soon as we were done and explained what had happened and she rescheduled me for 12:30. That was exactly the time I would have been leaving to take Joel to therapy. So see, God knew and he had already arranged for me to be available. My Echo went well. She said she didn't see any tumors (which TSC can cause if I carry it). Also, my heartbeat was fast again. The tech didn't say any more than that. Just that the doctor will give me the results in about a week. I got a call this afternoon from Joel's pediatrician saying that they had the results from the urine culture and it was negative. I guess that just means that he doesn't have an infection. So that's good but to me that just points to his kidneys as the problem even more. I am awaiting the results of his blood work anxiously. Isaac got home today and took us out to dinner to "give me a break". :) Isn't that sweet? It's so wonderful to have him back home with us where he belongs. The kids lit up when they saw him. They love him so much and need their daddy to be around. It looks like he may be going back to work in El Centro again next week which means he will be staying away from home again. It is about a three hour drive one way from our home. The company he works for has picked up a long term job there and he is waiting to get a call saying if he was chosen to go or not. Don't know what I will do if he has to go long term. :( At least I get to see him on the weekends. I know there are many military families who are separated for months on end and I really respect them for the price they have paid to serve and protect our country. Thank you to all our military. I am going to bed now and I don't have to sleep alone tonight! :) Thank you, Lord. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Shari said...

That's wonderful that no tumor was seen. You must be emotionally exhausted with all of your trips to the Drs. and hospital.

Since my husband has been working out of town, I've been paying attention to how many other Daddies have to go out of town to work. I can't believe it. But that is what has gotten me through - knowing that I'm not alone. It must be really hard on your little boys. When they're younger, it's even harder to understand.