Monday, May 26, 2008

Please pray...


...for my grandma. She and my grandpa lost everything when their home burned to the ground in the devastating Rice Fire during the San Diego Firestorm last October. Then in January she fell and broke her hip. She was finally starting to get around again (and even made it to church the last three Sundays). Today I got a call saying that she fell again and was in the ER. She has now broken her other hip. So, she will have surgery in the next few days. I worry about her. I love her very much and I know how hard it was for her to recover from the last hip break. Now she is weakened from just getting over that so I am fearful that at 85 she won't have the strength to recover. Please pray. The picture below is of her home that burned down. She told my mom after the fire that she felt like the fire had aged her ten years in just a couple very long weeks. At my grandparents age there is no such thing as rebuilding the lifetime they lost to the fire.

No comments: