Sunday, June 20, 2010

There's No Place Like Home!

There truly is no place like home! Even though it's dirty and messy like a tornado went through it, there is this special feeling when you walk through the door. This sense of finally being able to relax and be comfortable. I can not even express how much I am looking forward to being in my own wonderful bed tonight (very soon, I might add). I honestly can't remember the last time I was this exhausted. I think being pregnant doesn't help. I feel like I can't move a muscle in my body. To top things off, I have had a headache for pretty much the entire time we were at the hospital and I've been nauseous the last couple days. I think the cafeteria food didn't help. No, actually I KNOW it didn't help! My mom made dinner for us tonight since we had to pick up the boys at their house anyways, and it was the best tasting food I've tasted for a VERY long time. Thanks, Mom! While we were at my parents, Isaac and I informed Jonny and Jason that we were planning on having Joel sleep with us tonight, since it was his first night back and he is just getting back on his normal anti-seizure medicine routine. (The three boys normally sleep together because Joel can't sleep by himself.) We didn't want Joel's seizures to wake up the boys. They quickly protested, stating that the reason they were soooo excited that we were back and because they missed sleeping with Joel and were looking forward to it. Guess where Joel is sleeping right now. Well, I am going to bed now. I just wanted to say how wonderful it is to be all together as a family again and how great it is to be home! Goodnight.

2 comments:

Erin McDonald said...

I am so glad you are home too! Sorry we didn't get to have one last hug! You are so belssed to have such wonderful little boys who love each other so much! I bet Joel slept better there too! We love you guys and are praying for you always!
Blessings!
erin:)

the family of mannchester estate said...

I stumbled across your blog while blog surfing. I had heard of tsc before (on House...I know:) ) and then our daughter was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis a year ago; and have since hear a little more about it because of some of the small overlaps in symptoms. Anyway, I enjoy following other families walking through life with Christ, and the chaos of lots of doctors appointmens. :) I will be praying for your family and handsome little guy!
Andrea
http://munciemenn.blogspot.com