Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Introducing...Emma Rose

Emma Rose was born 12.2.2010 at 12:20pm. She weighed 8 lbs. and 3 ozs. and was 19.5 inches long. She was a planned home birth which went fine until we cut the cord. She stopped breathing right after the cord was cut and we had to call 911. They transported her to Fallbrook Hospital and from there she was transported to Rady Children's Hospital. This is where she is now, still on a ventilator.

My beautiful little lady is 5 days old today.
This last picture is one of my favorites. I love her hair. It is amazing to me that hair can look feminine. My boys hair was completely different.
I am so in love with Emma, and am so thankful to finally have a little daughter.

5 comments:

Christ in the Chaos said...

She's so beautiful Annie! Congratulations!

Lisa said...

she's gorgeous!!
can't wait to see her in person!!

Greta said...

Annie and Issac, she is just precious. I can't believe how chunky she is! You are right, her hair is beautiful.
We pray for her and your whole family all day long.
May God continue to heal her and bring her home to her loving family soon.
I can't wait to meet her and give her something pink!
All my love,
Greta

Betsi* said...

Oh, Annie, it reminds me of the line from an old hymn: "Did 'ere such joy and sorrow meet?"
She's so beautiful and we are so glad she is here and yet it breaks my heart to see your little one struggling. I will continue to pray fervently for Emma Rose.
I already put her on our prayer list at church. I didn't ask first as I usually do. Somehow, I knew you wouldn't mind. As my pastor says "pray first, apologize second".

Barbara said...

Oh Annie ,such a beautiful baby girl. You Are so blessed and she will be okay I am sure. So many people praying and caring that it won't be long uintil you will be able to take her home. Many blessings to you and that precious baby girl.