Monday, June 14, 2010

A Taste of What's Coming

We got a small reminder of what life will be like in less than a week. Isaac took the three boys to the dentist last week for a cleaning. When I spoke to Isaac about it later, he told me how he almost couldn't get Joel through the doorway into the exam rooms. That little boy is STRONG. When he was a baby, he was diagnosed with poor muscle tone. He does not have that problem now. He grabs for the door frame and doesn't let go. It's a good thing that Isaac is going with us to the hospital. His strength might come in handy. I am dreading the hospital trip. We have been blessed to not have a hospital stay since his surgery three-and-a-half years ago. Joel will be admitted to Mattel Children's Hospital UCLA on Wednesday when he will be sedated to place the EEG leads. I am expecting him to wake up extremely upset that there is something on his head that he can't take off. He doesn't like hats for even one minute. It's going to be Isaac and my job to keep it on his head. Hopefully they won't put an IV in, that would just make the situation that much worse. They will be EEG monitoring him with video for up to a week, I think. His last one was a week. Hopefully it won't be any longer than that. I'm not even going there in my mind, because I can't handle the stress thinking about it. Hopefully it will be less than a week. That would be an extreme blessing. I believe they will also be doing some other testing on him while we're there. I should have internet access and I plan on keeping you all updated every day. Thank you all for being here and caring. I am leaving you with a picture of his last inpatient EEG in 2006. This time they will wrap his head so he won't be able to pull off the leads as easily. I wasn't blogging in 2006, so many pictures have never been posted. I will probably post more old photos as memories are triggered by being back at the hospital. This photo was within two weeks after his first birthday.

2 comments:

Betsi* said...

You can count on my prayers! Would you mind my putting Joel on the prayer list at my church? I'm one of the members of the prayer team and strongly believe in the power of the saints praying!
Take care and love,
Betsi*

Lillian said...

Annie, we will be praying for your sweet boy, and for you and Issac as well. God is so good. I pray that time will go fast and Joel will be amazingly at peace.