Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Our Homes and the Fire

Here is an email I just sent out to friends and family: Hello to all, I just wanted to send out an update. We found out this morning that my parents and grandparents homes have burned to the ground. There is video of it at http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=170532. Our home is still in grave danger. The fire is headed right for it. The good thing for us is that we are so close to downtown Fallbrook. The firefighters are going to do their best to save downtown. My brother is a reporter and he has stayed in Fallbrook at the command center. He said it is concievable that the entire town could burn today. Please pray that our home is spared so that we can help my parents and friends affected by the fire. Also, please pray for his safety and for my parents and grandparents (for peace). My parents have had a great attitude about the whole thing, that it is just stuff and we are all together and safe. (It is sad, though, to lose my great-grandma's china and my other great-grandma's dolls, heirlooms, etc.) I really can't believe this is happening. So many friends affected. Where is everyone going to go? We love you all and are thankful for all your prayers and calls of support. For more posts about the fire go to our family blog...www.rfamilylove.blogspot.com

No comments: